Wednesday 6 January 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different! Dowsing!!

A long time ago when I was maybe 16 or 17 I was on holidays with Mum & Dad one summer and we were touring the Ring Of Kerry. I can't remember the town right now but we were coming down a steep hillside into it when on the roadside was the quaintest Irish cottage and little garden with a huge billygoat in it.

We stopped to take a photo as Dad loved this sort of thing and the owner of the cottage came out a hoary bear of a man. In the course of chitchat as you do he told us he was a water diviner! And he took out the hazel rod and demonstrated by walking over a buried stream in his garden.

All very well but then he let me have a go, nothing and then Dad, bang! Straight down! Come on says he I'll help you and he took one leg of the branch and I the other and we walked side by side across the grass. And on the mysterious spot I saw and felt the wood twist in my hand like a living thing! I will never forget it, bang! Straight down, Awesome.

That was that and many years later I used a homemade pendulum to deal with a difficult situation I did not consciously know what to do with. The answers it gave me transformed my life and today I felt a sudden surge of curiousity for the subject and went to Mr Google for some answers :)

Here's something about it here :)

http://www.book-of-thoth.com/article1766.html

Perhaps it might give you a helping hand :)

No comments: